During and now Post- COVID 19, the entire manufacturing industry was dealt a huge blow, irrespective of the sector they belonged to. As the pandemic was unprecedented in nature, stringent measures had to be undertaken, wherein manufacturers had to cut down on production, save resources, more-over have a safe balance of funds, considering the fact that no one knew the timeline of this pandemic. With changes in the way, people looking up services, i.e. preferring to look up services and products online, having a positive and existing online presence isn’t a luxury but has become a necessity.
After establishing your online presence, the main aim shall be to generate leads and drive sales opportunities, with the help of a strategically designed digital marketing strategy, one thing which has to be kept in mind is that ROI should be taken into account for every step you take because finances have become an issue post-pandemic. Let’s have a look at some of the digital marketing strategies for you:
1. Let’s binge on some content – Content creation is the king when it comes to ranking high on organic searches on various search engines like Bing or Google. Prior to starting, you need to focus on designing content as per the demands of your target audience, not only that, it has to be kept in mind, that consistency is the key, i.e. posting blogs on a regular basis, it can be 3-4 blogs per month or per week, as per the consistency demanded by your customers. As per a report by Content Marketing Institute’s report, 82% of marketers belonging to the manufacturing sector, say that their 82% of content-based marketing is moderately successful, whereas 13% said that it was highly successful.
Blogs can range from various topics, be it current news related to your sector, specific case studies, research related to your sector, white papers, any new product launches, etc.
2. Effective use of SEO for better outreach – Having strategic SEO practices in place, will ensure that you rank higher organically on search engines, and that doesn’t involve any monetary investment, all that is needed is the strategic placement of high traction-gaining words. The higher your website ranks on Google, the higher your website will garner views and result in you gaining potential clients, therefore should be having these keywords which shall make your business rank higher on search engines, for placing such words, you should have a detailed study and trend analysis to ensure the success of your digital marketing program, as well as ensure higher ROI.
3. Social Media Marketing- Social Media platforms have gained immense importance and have widespread use amongst audiences belonging to various countries and diverse profiles. Initially intended to facilitate communication, but now it has evolved as an e-commerce platform too, i.e. generating leads and sales. You can use social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn to market and sell your products, create a vibrant user engagement community, share virtual content, etc.
4. Focus on Re-marketing ads- These ads are designed to remind customers of the purpose of their visit to your website by tracking their virtual footprint and displaying ads of the product or service, they had surfed on your website. To promote a new product, these ads can be of high impact, by generating traffic on your website as well as bring back customers, who had shown interest in that particular product’s page on your website.
5. E-mail based marketing- The importance of e-mail based marketing can’t be stressed more. E-mails are still one of the most effective ways to reach out to your existing and potential clients, as well as informing them about any or every important change, product launches, etc. You can also do what many companies are doing these days, i.e. asking your clients to fill up a short survey, so as to get an idea as to what your clients are seeking of you.
These are just some of the starting points for you to get a head-start regarding your digital marketing strategies, to not reach out to older clients but also maintain your existing ones.